Monday, July 28, 2014

This one's for the boys

Cards made with the younger guys in mind. As a mom of three boys, I know first hand that is it hard to find cards for my boys, so I try to make a lot of masculine and boy cards for OWH since I know they struggle as well in that category.

Wild About U! This mini monster is a little wild thing. The sentiment is cut from Cricut Create a Critter 2. The monster (called "Creepy") is from Cricut Mini Monsters (my youngest son, who's nickname is "Monster" helped with his color scheme). The heart is from Cricut Craft Room Basics.  The solid paper is from Recollections. The print paper is from Close to my Heart.

Miss you. This card was inspired by a few different things. The design idea is from the My Favorite Things sketch MFTWSC106. The colors are from the SpiltCoastStampers (SCS) weekly color challenge CC488. The "quilted" technique is from SCS Inspiration Challenge IC4550 (Country Curtains). The stamped and colored image is cut from the Sizzix Stitched Frame die. The mat is from Cricut's Elegant Edges. The embossing folder is Wire Fence by Darice (which serves as a nice quilt when flipped over). The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Simple Sayings. The image is from Stampin' Up's Seaside Sketches stamp set. I used Archival Jet Black ink to stamp the image and the sentiment. The image was colored using the following Tim Holtz markers: Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Bundled Sage, Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, Gathered Twigs, and Faded Jeans. I did not use a water color paper this time, but once finished I did use a wet paintbrush on the sky and the grass to blend them a little.

I listed my School Rules card on Esty; check it out here.

No comments: