Friday, December 9, 2011

Almost a month

So it's been 3 weeks since I lost blogged. Now, I'm really good about checking on the blogs that I follow (even if I don't comment on your blog, I'm still reading it), and I've looked at my Blogger Dashboard and thought "I really need to blog", but for some reason, I just haven't had the motivation to do it.
The truth is, I haven't had the motivation to do much of anything, especially something creative or crafty. I suffer from anxiety and depression. Some days I don't feel like doing anything at all, especially crafting. Some of those days I force myself to sit down at my craft table and try to work on something, even if it is just sewing up a hole on one of the boys' stuffed animals.
So, since my last post, I finished quilting the stocking I was working on, but I have not pieced it together. I have to sew the topper on, then sew the front to the back and then it will be done. Yeah, just that easy.
So, I have been papercrafting since I last posted.

Before

After

Before

After

Supplies Before ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)

Version 1

Version 2

Tonight is Friday Night Crop at my LSS (local scrapbook store) and I'm hoping to complete 4 paper gingerbread houses from the same pattern I used for Halloween houses last year as gifts for the boys' teaches (one kid has 2 teaches).

Now, off to grab my slippers since the craft room/dining room floor is cold and I need to get off the computer and get some crafting done.

Until next time.... (and hopefully sooner than 3 weeks)





2 comments:

Aurora said...

Fin here; I'm really sorry that you're struggling with depression. It seems like something that most artistic/crafty people deal with from time to time, and this time of year often seems to be the worst for us.

I hope that it lets up soon, and that you find your creative mojo. *offers hugs*

Gomunk said...

Awww, thanks Fin! December has been a rough month for me for the past 6 years, and today is the worst day.
I think today is a good day to crank the radio up and clear off my craft desk so I can try to get it ready for some Christmas Break crafting.