Thursday, December 15, 2011

Paper Gingerbread houses!

For Halloween last year, I made each of the boys' teachers a Halloween treat house.
(Images were precut for the class I took for the second house from the left, some others were cut from the extra paper, and some are stickers)
And one for my husband's desk at work:


I've also used the same pattern to make little gift boxes for a baby boy and a baby girl:
(Outfit is stamped and cut out. Clothesline outfits are stamped with a Stampin' Up roller then colored in with colored pencils)

For Christmas last year I attempted a Christmas house, but it was so bad that I stopped before I even finished the first house.
So, this year I decided I would do the houses again, but something more neutral: A gingerbread house!
Paper on the outside is Bo Bunny Holiday Cheer. The pieces inside the windows and door is Simple Stores 25 Days of Christmas (same paper I used for my December ATCs)and white vellum. Dots are covered with Glossy Accents. Gingerbread men and candies are cut from different Cricut cartridges. The "icing" is Art Glitter's Dries White glue. The trims are (left to right): pearl bead trim from Jo-Ann's, sparkly ribbon trim from Hobby Lobby (x's 2), and mini pom pom trim from AC Moore (also carried in some fabric stores). The house on the left had a glue mishap on the roof, so I just covered the whole thing in glue. Well, it was almost done drying when 2 out of my 3 boys touched it, so once it dried I covered it with a thin layer of glue and used some of Art Glitter's Faux Snow to cover up the mishap. As The Mom would say, it was an "embellishment opportunity". :)

The sewing machine is still sitting. Untouched and started to collect dust. I'm hoping Christmas Break brings out some creativity.

No comments: