Sunday, August 17, 2014

Any Hero cards - OWH Mid-month throwdown and OWH sketch 236

It is Sunday evening and I have spent my weekend switching between cleaning and crafting. Sadly, it has been mostly cleaning, but I was able to get a card done yesterday and a card done today. 

The first card is of my own design. I'm usually not fond of gate-fold cards since they make OWH cards difficult since they are hard to see in the boxes the way they have to be tucked all of the way into the envelopes. I LOVE using the little boy stamp for Any Hero cards. Since the camouflage is less branch specific this way I think it will suit more of the branches than the ones I made in the branch specific service dress uniforms.

Supplies: Solid Cardstock by Recollections. Printed paper from Pride 6x6 pad by Authentique. Thank You stamp is from Vertical Greeting by Impression Obsession. The little boy is Little Solider by My favorite Things. The camo print is Camouflage Background by Stamper's Best. Inks used are Archival Jet Black and Tim Holtz Distress ink in Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, and Shubby Shutters. Cheeks are colored with Bubblegum Pink colored pencil by Crayola.

The next card is based on OWH sketch #236. 



Supplies used: Red, ivory, and kraft paper by Recollections. Navy blue solid and print are from the 6x6 Pride pad by Authentique. The stamp is by Anita's Sugarloaf Inc, and is embossed with Recollections Opaque Cherry, Recollections Pearl Sapphire, and Craft Essentials Gold. The sentiment is by Michael's and is stamped in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire. 


No comments: